Safety Fast Lite Hanger - Solid Joists
The SFLH is an innovative single piece hanger designed to support timber joists from masonry walls without the need for masonry above the course of block work supporting the hanger.
The SFLH has been designed to assist in meeting the air
leakage requirements as part of the Code for Sustainable
Since the joist is supported by a hanger and does
not penetrate the inner leaf of blockwork, the potential for air
leakage is reduced and avoids the time consuming and costly
mortaring and sealing with mastic around built in joist ends.
This hanger allows construction work to continue safely just
3 days after the supporting blockwork has been laid - as
opposed to 28 days in the case of traditional masonry hangers.
- Avoids joist penetrating block work, minimising air leakage.
- Achieves published performance values with no masonry above the supporting course of block work.
- Enables the construction of the floor deck prior to the next lift of masonry.
- Reduces health & safety risks associated with the
- use of traditional masonry hangers with no masonry courses above them.
- Eliminates the need for propping to support the floor joists.
- Web stiffeners are not required with joists to achieve published performance values.
- Use FMS strap range with every hanger spaced up to 600mm centres to provide lateral restraint of the floor joist in accordance with EN845-1.
- If using HES restraint straps, place at 2 metre centres.
- CE Approved: meets the requirements of EN845-1 and tested in accordance with EN 846-8.
Pre-galvanised mild steel.
- Solid sawn timber joists.