Skewed Masonry Hanger
The RHMSK is designed to support solid timber joists, I-Joists or metal web joists from masonry walls.
Pre-galvanised mild steel.
- Due to Non-welded manufacture, lead times reduced.
- Hanger design enables skew angles from 5˚-90˚ left or right.
- Full 90˚ skew option replaces the trimming detail around soil pipes.
- Set the hanger back flange tight against the block wall when the wall is built to the desired level.
- The joist should be set tight into the back of the hanger.
- Fix the joist into the hanger using all specified fasteners.
- Web stiffeners are required for I-Joist applications.
- Continue with additional masonry courses above the hanger top flange to complete the wall height.
- Do not stack blocks or heavy loads on the joists during construction unless the joists have additional support to take the full load of the blocks.
- A minimum of 675mm of masonry is required above the hanger top flange with the mortar fully cured before applying the load.