Installation - I-Beam Hole Support
- Each IHS consists of 2 sets of 2 interlocking plates with one set required for each side of the I-joist.
- The outer edge of the holes cut into the web of the I-joist can be a minimum of 50mm from the inner face of the blockwork.
- Holes can be cut into the web of the I-joist before or after installation of the IHS.
- Holes must fit within the internal aperture of the IHS.
- Place the IHS onto the I-joist so that the top and bottom sliding flanges are aligned vertically central onto the top and bottom chords of the I-joist.
- Open or close the IHS to the required width, ensuring that the two sections overlap by at least one row of nails (minimum overlap of 45mm).
- Install 3.75x30mm square twist nails through all round holes into the top and bottom chords of the I-joist.
- Repeat the above steps to install plates on the other side of the I-joist, completing the installation.
|150 mm Bracket Opening|
|150mm||250mm Bracket Opening|
|IHS195||195 - 200||24||3.75x30mm||32||3.75x30mm|
|IHS220||220 - 225||24||3.75x30mm||32||3.75x30mm|
|IHS240||240 - 245||24||3.75x30mm||32||3.75x30mm|
|IHS300||300 - 302||24||3.75x30mm||32||3.75x30mm|
1) Use 3.75x30mm Square Twist Nails
2) Number of fasteners is per hole in joist