Research and Development Engineer
As part of our continuing growth we are seeking to add resource to our UK Technical Team based in Tamworth, Staffordshire, to increase our product and development activities and provide strong customer technical support.
This is a first class opportunity, with excellent career prospects, to join the world’s largest manufacturer of engineered metal connectors for the building industry. Simpson Strong-Tie is a progressive and innovative worldwide company manufacturing metal connectors for timber and masonry construction. We supply products and technical support to major construction companies across the world with a reputation for delivering high quality products and services.
Role and Responsibilities
- Management of multi-faceted projects.
- Development of new products for the business.
- Research and development projects – new systems and applications.
- Engineering analysis and calculations.
- Management of Product Certification projects.
- Provide product technical support to customers and company sales staff.
- Provide engineering support to company production department.
- Creation of 2D and 3D production and marketing drawings.
You will be a forward thinking, ambitious, talented and innovative Structural or Mechanical Engineer with experience in many of the activities described below, have the ability to quickly learn the needs of the role and the products specific to our business.
The ideal applicant will have the following:
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline e.g. structural or mechanical engineering.
- Good project management skills.
- Product design, along with research and development experience.
- Design experience in timber, steel or masonry.
- Experience within the construction or building industry.
- Innovative and creative approach to product development and problem solving.
- Excellent organisation skills and able to communicate at all organisational levels.
- Good IT skills, in particular MS Office, MS Project, AutoCad and Inventor.
- Able to work well under pressure, in a logical manner to strict deadlines.
- A team player who is self-motivated and has the ability to lead by example.
In return, we will offer the following:
- A competitive salary.
- Life assurance.
- Pension scheme.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org