Adjustable Strap Joist Hanger
THAI is a one piece joist hanger for supporting composite timbers from timber
The model number and size is stamped onto the seat of most sizes for easy identification of the hanger, even after installation.
- Designed for I-joists, has extra long straps and can be field-formed to give height adjustability and top flange hanger convenience.
- Positive angle nailing helps eliminate splitting of the I-joist’s bottom flange.
- Not all strap nail holes need to be filled, see table for nailing requirements.
- THAI-2 must be factory ordered for hanger width needed. See table for allowable widths.
- Supporting member: I-beams, solid wood, composite lumber, etc.
- Supported member: solid wood, composite lumber, glued-laminated wood, etc.
When to Use
- Fastening of rafters.
- Headers, etc.