Engineered Restraint Strap
A direct replacement for traditional 2.5mm and 5mm thick restraint straps, the innovative design of these lightweight straps allows ease of handling and installation whilst maintaining the structural strength and robustness of much heavier weight types.
The HES (heavy engineered strap) & LES (light engineered strap) replace traditional heavy and light restraint straps in roof and floor construction. Reducing the thickness to 1.5mm allows the HES strap to span over the top of floor joists and the bottom chords of trusses without the need for notching.
HES straps are less than 40% of the weight, quicker to fit, and overcome many fixing problems associated with traditional heavy straps. The LES is designed for vertical applications e.g. holding down wall plates.
- CE Marked.
- 1.5mm thick.
- Formed edge design gives additional strength on bend.
- Complies with BS EN 845-1.
- Quicker to install - can fit over top of floor joists and truss bottom chords.
- Easier to course with blockwork.
- No need to notch joists.
- Pre-galvanised mild steel.
- Building Regulations requires lateral restraint to be provided at each floor at a maximum of 2 metre centres.
- Restraint straps "perpendicular" to the floor joists are required to be held tight against the masonry and fixed across the first 3 joists.
- Restraint straps "parallel" to the floor joists are required to be held tight to the masonry and be at least 1200mm long.
- The characteristic tensile strength for horizontal restraint straps should not be less than 8kN.