Face Fix Metal-Web Hanger
The IUB/HIUB hangers support metal web joists and solid timber joists without the need for plywood gussets. They incorporate the unique feature of bottom flanges, which provide enhanced capacity.
- Can be used on metal web joists or solid joist headers.
- Eliminates the need for plywood gussets when supported from a metal web joist.
- IUB Bottom flanges provide enhanced download capacity and quickly sets the hanger onto the header.
- Obround holes in face to provide easier nailing access in tight locations.
- IUB: Positive Angle Nailing (PAN) of joist to speed installation and reduce the likelihood of splitting.
- IUB has hexagonal holes for SDS screw installation andoptional triangular nail holes for additional download, when used in conjunction with a plywood gusset, and additional uplift capacities.
- Pre-galvanised mild steel.
- Position the hanger onto the face of supporting floor joist, ensuring the bottom flanges are tight up against the underside of the bottom chord.
- Install 3.75 x 30mm nails into the holes within the hanger bottom flanges. Fill all face round and obround holes with 3.75 x 30mm square twist nails.
- Sit the carried joist into the hanger and install 3.75 x 30mm nails through the angled pan nail holes into the joist.
- For enhanced uplift, fill all joist triangular nail holes with 3.75 x 30mm nails.
- For SDS screw installation the IUB may be installed with 4 no. 6.2 x 63mm long SDS screws through the hexagonal holes in the face.