Metal Web Joist Hangers
The HIUB hangers support metal web joists and solid timber joists without the need for plywood gussets. They incorporate the unique feature of bottom flanges, which provide
- Can be used on metal web joists or solid joist headers.
- Eliminates the need for plywood gussets when supported from a metal web joist.
- Pre-galvanised mild steel
- Position the hanger onto the face of supporting
floor joist, ensuring the bottom flanges are tight up against
the underside of the bottom chord.
- Install 3.75 x 30mm nails into the holes within the hanger bottom
flanges. Fill all face round and obround holes with 3.75 x 30mm square twist nails.
- Sit the carried joist into the hanger and install 3.75 x 30mm nails through the angled pan nail holes into the joist.
- For enhanced uplift, fill all joist triangular nail holes with 3.75 x 30mm nails.