Joist Hanger for Masonry: I-Joists
The JHM and JHMI range of joist hangers can be used to connect solid sawn
joists, trusses and engineered joists to masonry walls or steel beams.
- Pre-galvanised mild steel
- Built-in inspection slot at the base of the hanger to aid inspection
from the ground.
- Top flange provides widest area in contact with masonry support allowing superior performance.
- Embossments on top flange, and holes, allow improved mortar keying.
- Flanges on hangers are much higher than traditional style, providing greatly enhanced resistance to joist rotation.
- Can be installed onto ‘I’ section or hollow section steel beams.
- Return configuration provides additional support by wrapping around three sides of the block. Designate “return” and length of return dimensions when ordering.
- RETURN HANGERS DO NOT SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS FOR LATERAL RESTRAINT TYPE HANGERS.
- Straddle configuration provides two hangers connected across top of support enabling exact alignment on both sides of supporting wall. Designate “straddle” and length of straddle dimensions when ordering. Minimum standard straddle is 150mm.
- Other widths/heights available. Contact Simpson Strong-Tie® for details.
- SPEC JHMs/JHMIs up to 61mm width can be skewed from 5 to 45 deg. See skewed hanger load table.