Engineered Joist to SIP Panel Hanger
The IUQ and HIUQ is the first hanger range specifically designed to allow
engineered joists to be face fixed to a Structural Insulated Panel (SIP), when
used in conjunction with the CSA screws and Simpson Strong-Tie® patented
SDS screws respectively. (CSA & SDS screws supplied with hangers).
- The IUQ and HIUQ (standard duty) can be used with either metal web or engineered I-joists.
- Joists no longer sit on top of the wall, thus eliminating thermal bridging at the joist/wall junction.
- Cuts down on the time consuming and costly process of placing timberblocking pieces between the joists and the wall panels, creating a better air seal.
- Installation is simple and efficient, requiring 4 CSA screws.
- The square twist nails can be installed into the joist at a positive angle to help reduce the chance of splitting the joist bottom chords.