Safety Fast Lite Hanger
The SFLHI is an innovative single piece hanger designed to support timber joists from masonry walls without the need for masonry above the course of block work supporting the hanger.
The SFLH has been designed to assist in meeting the air leakage requirements as part of the Code for Sustainable Homes.
Since the joist is supported by a hanger and does not penetrate the inner leaf of blockwork, the potential for air leakage is reduced and avoids the time consuming and costly mortaring and sealing with mastic around built in joist ends.
This hanger allows construction work to continue safely just 3 days after the supporting blockwork has been laid - as opposed to 28 days in the case of traditional masonry hangers.
- Avoids joist penetrating block work, minimising air leakage.
- Achieves published performance values with no masonry above the supporting course of block work.
- Enables the construction of the floor deck prior to the next lift of masonry.
- Reduces health & safety risks associated with the
- use of traditional masonry hangers with no masonry courses above them.
- Eliminates the need for propping to support the floor joists.
- Web stiffeners are not required with joists to achieve published performance values.
- Use FMS strap range with every hanger spaced up to 600mm centres to provide lateral restraint of the floor joist in accordance with EN845-1.
- CE Approved: meets the requirements of EN845-1 and tested in accordance with EN 846-8.
Pre-galvanised mild steel.
- Build masonry to the required level, ensuring any coursing bricks or blocks are at least one course below the supporting block. Leave the masonry to cure for at least three days.
- Place the Safety Fast Lite Masonry Hanger for I-Joists (SFLHI) over the inner leaf of the block work, ensuring the top flanges are fully bearing onto the top of the supporting block work and are also tight against the front face of the block work.
- Install the floor joist into the SFLH. The end of the joist should be tight against the back of the hanger. Maximum gap allowed: 6mm. Install the specified joist nails.
- Install the appropriate restraint strap (see note 1), ensuring the strap is tight against the back face of the block work hanger return and the side of the floor joist. Fix with fasteners as specified in the table below.