Structural Wood Screw
The Strong-Drive® SDW screw is a 8.0mm diameter, high-strength structural wood screw specifically designed for fastening multi-ply wood members together such as plated trusses, engineered timber products and solid-sawn timber. CE marked to EN14592. Driver bit included in every box.
Heat treated carbon steel - black E-coat™
The SDW installs easily with no pre-drilling and is available in optimized lengths for fastening 2, 3 and 4-ply trusses or 45mm engineered timber such as Laminated Veneer Lumber (LVL). The SDW enables single-side fastening, while still allowing concurrent loading on both sides of the assembly to the full allowable head or point-side load of the fastener.
- CE marked to EN14592
- Low-profile head for reduced interference during handling or installation of hardware on the assembly
- High shear values enable wider screw spacing
- Bold thread design firmly clinches plies together to close gaps in multi-ply assemblies
- Optimal screw lengths provide maximum point side penetration
- Driver bit included in each box
- Fastening of multiple wood elements including uprights and trusses
- Solid wood
- Engineered timber
Industry studies show that hardened fasteners can experience performance problems in wet or corrosive environments. Accordingly, the SDW timber screws should only be used in dry, interior and non-corrosive environments e.g. Service class 1 & 2.