Top Flange Heavy Welded Hanger
GLTV is for supporting I-joists and structural composite timber from timber members.
- These hangers offer design flexibility and versatility.
- GLTV hangers are designed for use with structural composite lumber headers (not I-Joist) and may take heavy loads.
- The top flange nails are sized and specifically located to prevent degradation of the header due to splitting of laminations.
- Hot dip galvanised mild steel.
- Use all specified fasteners. See "General Notes". Verify that the header can take the required fasteners specified in the table.
- All multiple members must be secured together to work as a single unit before installation into the hanger.
- Web stiffeners are required for I-joists.
- May be used for weld on applications. The minimum required welds for the top flanges are 6mm x 63mm, fillet welds located at each end of the top flange.
- Weld-on applications produce maximum allowable loads listed.
- Uplift loads do not apply for this application.