Technical Notes - Reinforced angle brackets
F1: tensile force in the central axis of the angle-bracket
Particular situation of a fastening with only one angle-bracket:
- If the overall structure prevents the rotation of the purlin or the post, the tensile strength is equal to half of the given value for two angle-brackets.
- Otherwise, the connection resistance depends on the « f » distance between the vertical contact surface and the point of load application.
F2 and F3: shear lateral force
Particular situation of a connection with only one angle-bracket:
- The resistance value to consider is equal to half of the one given for two angle-brackets.
F4 and F5: transversal force directed towards or opposite the angle-bracket
- The connection resistance depends on the « e » distance between the base of the angle-bracket and the point of load application.
- To consult corresponding loads, contact us.
Only F1, F2 and F3 forces for connections with 2 angle-brackets are present on this sheet.
For more information, contact us.