Simpson Strong-Tie Ireland is looking to fill a position within their Builders Merchant Division and are currently recruiting for the role of: Sales Merchandiser ~ Northern Ireland
Job Title: Sales Merchandiser, Builders Merchants NI
Based at: Own home office, c/o Simpson Strong-Tie Head Office, Tamworth
Reports to: Country Manager Ireland
Job Summary: To maintain, develop and expand the Simpson Strong-Tie builder’s merchant business within Northern Ireland.
Location: Northern Ireland
- Maintain, support and develop customer relations with both existing and new Builders Merchants, Timber Merchants and Fixings Specialists.
- To merchandise, keep tidy and update point of sale and provide literature on the Simpson Strong-Tie product range in branch.
· Regulate branch visits and maintain the NI territory call cycle
- To identify any new potential customer or product business opportunities
- In general to be the point of contact for the customers
- To listen to our customer requirements.
- To respond to any enquires from existing and potential customers.
- To be involved in exhibitions and trade fairs when required
- To provide basic product training to customers
Requirements of the role:
- A full driving license.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong organisational skills.
- The ability to work to deadlines under pressure.
- Must have an open, honest personality with a team player spirit and a 'can do attitude'
- Willingness to travel with occasional overnight stays
BE A MAKER
At Simpson Strong-Tie, we've built a workplace where people are connected and engaged in creative thinking from day one throughout their careers.
When you think of the best a family has to offer — support, collaboration and respect — that's what we value at Simpson Strong-Tie. When there's a win, we'll cheer you on. When there's a snag, coworkers step in to help you out. Working on solutions together is just the way we do things here, and that creates an atmosphere that often feels like home.
At Simpson Strong-Tie, you'll find talented, passionate, dedicated, humble and genuinely kind people who are all connected by our shared mission — to provide solutions that help people design and build safer, stronger structures. It's this mission and our strong people-focused values that have made Simpson Strong-Tie a unique place to work for more than 60 years — a place where you can connect, create and build your career.
We invite you to learn more about our culture and why our employees are our most loyal customers.