Trainee Laboratory Technician
This is a first class opportunity with excellent career prospects in quality and engineering at our internationally accredited technical laboratory.
Testing Overview: Our testing scope is continually expanding and currently we specialize in Tensile, Compression, Torsional, Hardness, Corrosion and X-ray fluorescence testing.
Main responsibilities but not limited to include:
- Preparing timber and masonry test assemblies in accordance with written and verbal instructions.
- Checking and logging test samples against engineering drawings.
- Assisting with product testing & collating test data.
- Conducting all elements of the role with due regard to good housekeeping and health & safety.
Note: some heavy lifting may be required.
To fill this exciting and challenging role you will need:
- Good numeracy and literacy.
- Computer literate with experience of Excel and Word.
- A strong technical mind and the ability to carry out practical tasks using various tools.
- Hard working attitude and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Any engineering experience (CAD) would be advantageous.
In return, the company will offer:
- A supportive learning environment with development in areas of quality/engineering and continuous improvement.
- A salary commensurate with the role, which meets the national minimum wage requirements.
- 25 days annual holiday, in addition to public holidays.
- Future participation in the company’s pension and life assurance schemes.
To apply, please send your CV and Covering Letter to UKHR@strongtie.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 9th August 2019
We reserve the right to close the position earlier if enough applications are received early in the process
Applicants, who have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the close date, please assume you have not been selected for interview.