We are looking to recruit an experienced Area Sales Manager for our Engineered Products / Independent Builders Merchants division in Scotland.
The Area Sales Manager role will cover Mainland Scotland, the Highlands and Islands, and the successful applicant will report to the Sales Director / National Sales Manager (Builders Merchants).
The Area Sales Manager (ASM) will primarily be involved in the Engineered Products Division, as well as overseeing and managing Independent Builders Merchant accounts. The ASM will also be responsible for sales of products into current accounts, in line with their area’s budget, and the creation of a quarterly area report to aid discussions with management as to how the area is performing, and if necessary, where improvements need to be made.
Other key responsibilities of the role are to develop and implement a business strategy that includes:
- Positioning Simpson Strong-Tie as the number one connector supplier to Engineered Timber Companies and Builders Merchants
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers.
- Completing and maintaining a CRM system for the area.
- Creating and developing new business opportunities
- Liaise with other Simpson colleagues, both External and Internal.
- Aid new product development, as and when required.
- Assisting with co-ordinated product launches.
- Delivering customer training programmes.
- Increasing sales and margins.
The successful applicant will demonstrate
- Attention to detail
- Reliability and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent communication skills and an articulate manner
- Some knowledge of Excel, Word and general computing
- Be able to problem solve and have a good commercial awareness in how to increase sales
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills – relating well to others and establishing good working relationships
If you are interested in this role please email your CV to Lucy at UKHR@strongtie.com by 1st June.