Product characteristic capacities - Simplified values
|References||Simplified product capacities - Timber to Concrete|
|Number of Fasteners||Simplified characteristic capacities - Timber C24 [kN]|
|On post||On concrete||R1.k*||R2.k||R3.k=R4.k||R5.k=R6.k|
|Qty||Type||Qty||Type||Width of the post [mm]||Width of the post [mm]||Width of the post [mm]|
*The published characteristic capacity is based on medium term load duration and service class 3 according to EC5 (EN 1995) ( kmod = 0.7). For other load duration and service class, please refer to the ETA to get more accurate capacities.
**Refer to the Simpson Strong-Tie anchor product range for suitable anchors. Typical anchor solutions are BOAXII, SET-XP, WA, AT-HP, depending on the concrete type, spacing and edge distances.
- Use the flitch plate to mark and drill the 8mm diameter holes for the dowels
- Cut a 9mm slot in the side adjacent to the drilled holes, for the flitch plate
- Fix to the foundation with M12 anchors
- Lower the post onto the flitch plate, align the holes and fit the dowels
- Not recommended when the top of post/column is not restrained (e.g. fence post)
- Stainless steel option available to order